[Oisf-announce] OISF Brainstorming Meeting July 16 in San Francisco!

Matt Jonkman jonkman at jonkmans.com
Fri Jul 2 13:43:18 UTC 2010

The next OISF Brainstorming Meeting is set for San Francisco, July 16,
2010. 10:00 am until 4:00pm, or later as needed. Seats are filling up
fast. Please RSVP as soon as possible if you plan to be there. It's free
to attend!

Coffee and juice will be served as well as lunch. Come meet most of the
the Suricata Development Team! Get your ideas and priorities heard!

Our previous meeting was in Washington DC late last year and we had a
standing room only crowd. Great ideas, great solutions, and most of our
Phase One Feature Plan was solidified there. Don't miss this second
meeting, the ideas that float around the room are well worth your trip
to town!

Please RSVP early (meeting at openinfosecfoundation.org) so we can plan for
you and set you up for the group rate if you need a room at the hotel.
Free lunch and drinks, and a great view of San Francisco! We're on Lower
Nob Hill on California Street near Fisherman's Wharf at the Golden
Gateway Holiday Inn. Great place to relax and see the sights after the
meeting.

http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/en/san-francisco/sfogg/hoteldetail

We'll have an official agenda out shortly. The overall goals of the
meeting will be:

Review where we are in Phase One
Outline our Feature Plans for Phase Two
Review new Ideas and Technologies
Update you on the Technical Challenges faced
Solicit new Ideas!
Solidify Phase Two Feature Planning

If you're interested in consortium membership this is a prefect time to
stop in and talk in person about what it might entail and what benefits
you would enjoy. The team will be in town a day or so before and after
the meeting, plenty of time to talk!

So please, RSVP if you believe you can make it to the meeting by sending
an email to meeting at openinfosecfoundation.org. We have a great group
rate at the hotel. We look forward to seeing you there!

Matt

Matthew Jonkman
Emerging Threats
Phone 765-429-0398