[Oisf-announce] Suricata 2.0.4 Available!

Victor Julien victor at inliniac.net
Tue Sep 23 11:35:29 UTC 2014

The OISF development team is pleased to announce Suricata 2.0.4. This
release fixes a number of issues in the 2.0 series.

This update fixes a bug in the SSH parser, where a malformed banner
could lead to evasion of SSH rules and missing log entries. In some
cases it may also lead to a crash. Bug discovered and reported by
Steffen Bauch.

Additionally, this release also addresses a new IPv6 issue that can lead
to evasion. Bug discovered by Rafael Schaefer working with ERNW GmbH.

Get the new release here:
http://www.openinfosecfoundation.org/download/suricata-2.0.4.tar.gz

Changes

- Bug #1276: ipv6 defrag issue with routing headers
- Bug #1278: ssh banner parser issue
- Bug #1254: sig parsing crash on malformed rev keyword
- Bug #1267: issue with ipv6 logging
- Bug #1273: Lua - http.request_line not working
- Bug #1284: AF_PACKET IPS mode not logging drops and stream inline issue

Security

- CVE-2014-6603

Special thanks

We'd like to thank the following people and corporations for their
contributions and feedback:

- Rafael Schaefer working with ERNW GmbH
- Steffen Bauch - @steffenbauch, http://steffenbauch.de/
- Bill Meeks

Known issues & missing features

If you encounter issues, please let us know! As always, we are doing our
best to make you aware of continuing development and items within the
engine that are not yet complete or optimal. With this in mind, please
notice the list we have included of known items we are working on. See
http://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/projects/suricata/issues for an
up to date list and to report new issues. See
http://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/projects/suricata/wiki/Known_issues
for a discussion and time line for the major issues.

About Suricata

Suricata is a high performance Network IDS, IPS and Network Security
Monitoring engine. Open Source and owned by a community run non-profit
foundation, the Open Information Security Foundation (OISF). Suricata is
developed by the OISF, its supporting vendors and the community.