[Oisf-announce] Announcing the Suricata Training Program

Victor Julien victor at inliniac.net
Fri Sep 26 09:30:01 UTC 2014

The OISF team is proud to announce the start of the Suricata training
program. In this program, we’ll be delivering 1 and 2 day user trainings
for Suricata.

Some of topics that will be covered over the course of the 2-days include:

    Compiling, Installing, and Configuring Suricata
    Performance Factors, Rules and Rulesets
    Capture Methods and Performance
    Event / Data Outputs and Capture Hardware
    Troubleshooting Common Problems
    Advanced Tuning
    Integration with Other Tools

This dynamic, hands-on, 2 day Suricata training will be delivered by the
OISF development and support team.  So apart of the great content on how
to install, use and troubleshoot Suricata, you will also have the great
opportunity to talk in-depth about Suricata with it’s creators.

Proceeds of the trainings go straight into supporting Suricata’s
development, so not only will you learn a great deal, you’ll actually be
supporting Suricata’s development by taking this training.

We’re kicking off with 3 training sessions in Europe in the last quarter
of 2014. For early 2015, we’re planning to do a number of US trainings.
Keep an eye on this space for updates. Also, dedicated on-site training
options are available.

Trainings are tracked on their own page here:
http://suricata-ids.org/training/. For questions or more info, please
contact us at oisf-team at openinfosecfoundation.org!