[Oisf-announce] Suricata 3.2RC1 is available for testing

Victor Julien victor at inliniac.net
Tue Nov 1 15:17:59 UTC 2016

We're happy to announce Suricata 3.2RC1. The biggest addition to this
release is the DNP3 support. We don't expect many changes after this
release candidate, so please help us test it!

Get the release here:
https://www.openinfosecfoundation.org/download/suricata-3.2RC1.tar.gz

*Changes*

Feature #1745: DNP3 protocol support.
Feature #1906: doc: install man page and ship pdf
Feature #1916: lua: add an SCPacketTimestamp function
Feature #1867: rule compatibility: flow:not_established not supported.
Bug #1525: Use pkg-config for libnetfilter_queue
Bug #1690: app-layer-proto negation issue
Bug #1909: libhtp 0.5.23
Bug #1914: file log always shows stored: no even if file is stored
Bug #1917: nfq: bypass SEGV
Bug #1919: filemd5: md5-list does not allow comments any more
Bug #1923: dns - back to back requests results in loss of response
Bug #1928: flow bypass leads to memory errors
Bug #1931: multi-tenancy fails to start
Bug #1932: make install-full does not install tls-events.rules
Bug #1935: Check redis reply in non pipeline mode
Bug #1936: Can't set fast_pattern on tls_sni content

*Special thanks*

Nicolas Thill, Duarte Silva, Thomas Andrejak, Paulo Pacheco, Priit Laes,
CoverityScan

*Known issues & missing features*

In a RC release like this things may not be as polished yet. So please
handle with care. That said, if you encounter issues, please let us
know! As always, we are doing our best to make you aware of continuing
development and items within the engine that are not yet complete or
optimal.  With this in mind, please notice the list we have included of
known items we are working on.

See http://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/projects/suricata/issues
for an up to date list and to report new issues. See
http://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/projects/suricata/wiki/Known_issues
for a discussion and time line for the major issues.

*SuriCon2.0*

Join us in Washington, D.C. November 9-11 for the 2nd Suricata User
Conference. http://suricon.net/

*Training & Support*

Need help installing, updating, validating and tuning Suricata? We have
a training session coming up just before SuriCon: November 7 & 8 in
Washington, D.C.: see http://suricata-ids.org/training/ Conference
attendees get a 20% discount!

For support options also see http://suricata-ids.org/support/

*About Suricata*

Suricata is a high performance Network Threat Detection, IDS, IPS and
Network Security Monitoring engine. Open Source and owned by a community
run non-profit foundation, the Open Information Security Foundation
(OISF). Suricata is developed by the OISF, its supporting vendors and
the community.