[Oisf-devel] Win32 Suricata compilation

Rich Rumble richrumble at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 14:06:09 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 11:26 AM, Victor Julien <victor at inliniac.net> wrote:
> Small update. The current git master contains a number of fixes so now
> the code should fully compile. We are experiencing some runtime issues
> though. We're trying to look into those this week.

I still have trouble at the pkg_check portion, does the
INSTALL.WINDOWS file need
any updates perhaps? I don't see any in the git logs for that file
this year, or in the
changes made in Commit:b73939bcef2d24c5e9af80392bead696bd38de92 (5/1/2011)
If there is anything I can help you in testing I'm more than willing,
I just don't have
a programming background to trouble shoot or correct things in the source. :(
Again, if I type "pkg-config" on the msys cli I get the folllowing...
    Must specify package names on the command line
So I'm pretty sure pkg-config is working.
Here is the current error with a Git Clone from today (6/1/2011)
....snip....
checking for libnet.h version 1.1.x... yes
checking for libnet_write in -lnet... no
Warning! libnet version 1.1.x could not be found in  /usr/include
/usr/local/include /usr/local/include/libnet11 /opt/local/include
   Reject keywords will not be supported.
   If you require reject support plese install libnet 1.1.x.
   If libnet is not installed in a non-standard location please use the
   --with-libnet-includes and --with-libnet-libraries configure options
checking for pfring_set_cluster in -lpfring... no
checking pcap.h usability... yes
checking pcap.h presence... yes
checking for pcap.h... yes
checking for pcap_open_live in -lpcap... yes
checking for pcap_activate in -lpcap... yes
./configure: line 14957: pcap-config: command not found
./configure: line 14957: pcap-config: command not found
checking for pcap_set_buffer_size in -lpcap... yes
./configure: line 15184: syntax error near unexpected token `LIBHTPMINVERSION,'
./configure: line 15184: `        PKG_CHECK_MODULES(LIBHTPMINVERSION,
htp >= 0.2.3,libhtp_minver_found="yes",libhtp_minver_found="no")'