[Oisf-devel] Mem leaks

Martin Holste mcholste at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 14:11:33 UTC 2011

> The emergency state is currently printed to the screen or to your log if
> you have set that up. I don't think there is another way of finding out
> about it currently.
>
> I think if the flow memcap is reached we're entering the emergency state
> as well.
>
> Definitely room for improvement here. How would you ideally be told
> about this?

Hm, I checked through the log each time and didn't see anything about
the emergency flow state, so that's not making sense.  The specific
config change that made the weird low-traffic drops go away was
setting tcp closed timeout to 0 from 120.

Ideally, there would be a stat for emergency state invocations written
to the stat log.