[Oisf-devel] Performance Boosts

Victor Julien victor at inliniac.net
Fri Mar 23 15:10:26 UTC 2012

On 03/23/2012 04:06 PM, Brant Wells wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 11:03 AM, Victor Julien <victor at inliniac.net
> <mailto:victor at inliniac.net>> wrote:
>
>     On 03/23/2012 02:13 PM, Brant Wells wrote:
>     > I will check my rulesets and make sure that I am running the same
>     rules
>     > as I was in my previous version...  Since I just did a git pull to
>     > update my source trees, is there a way I can tell you what my previous
>     > version was?
>
>     Hmm, if you didn't back it up and you didn't have it log somewhere, it's
>     going to be hard I think.
>

>  I kind a figured that would be the case, lol.  I thought that git had
> an easy way to do that?  (I use SVN for a few small projects of my own).

Maybe there is a way to see what commits were added to the tree since
you last sync, but I don't know how.

For the future, one way would be to create a branch for each pull you do:

1. git checkout master
2. git pull
3. git checkout -b 20120323
4. build it and such, then when you do another update, go back to 1.