[Oisf-devel] Performance Boosts

Brant Wells bwells at tfc.edu
Fri Mar 23 19:23:07 UTC 2012

> > I'll remember that the next time I pull it down... but I also just found
> > the commands that can do it too. :-D
> >
> > git reflog will show the git clone and all of the git pulls that have
> > been done, along with their versions...
> >
> > then git reset --hard gitversion (the 1st column in git reflog)...
> >
> > Seems to work well. :-D  Although, I thnk I will stick with this version
> > for a while... and see what I can break.
>
> Cool, didn't know that git trick :)

I didn't either...  I googled it real quick and was surprised to find such
a straight answer so fast, lol.

Suricata has been running for ~4 & a half hours...  It has processed
roughly 65gb of traffic...Which sounds about right, I think...   I checked
the switch port, and I'm seeing a few dropped packets on it, but nothing
disastrous... Memory usage on Suri is up to 12% (504mb)... and most
importantly, I'm still getting logs in BASE. :-D

If there's some tests I can do (ie: from the paper that Josh mentioned) to
help get some hard numbers, just let me know.

See Yas!
~Brant