[Oisf-users] Suricata on OpenBSD

Will Metcalf william.metcalf at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 20:54:14 UTC 2010

>On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 3:41 PM, Mikael <info at prowling.nu> wrote:
> That would of course be nice to have it officially supported, it seems
> that "most" security related projects have gone all Ubuntu-ish and
> forgotten all about OpenBSD, it may be for very good reasons ...

We support Fedora-(current and previous), CentOS, Ubuntu-LTS(current
and previous), Ubuntu(current and previous), MacOSX, FreeBSD, and
Windows(mingw). It's not that we don't want to support other OS's we
just currently don't have the cycles to add support. If anybody in the
community is willing, we are accepting patches ;-)...  Anything that
isn't linux that we have added support for thus far doesn't use
straight pthreads so it can be a pain to implement .  Anybody know if
OpenBSD does threading in userland?  Wasn't it this way at one point,
I can't remember...

Regards,

Will