[Oisf-users] distance, uricontent

Geoff Whittington geoff.whittington at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 16:46:45 UTC 2010

Re: 1. Since snort currently does not fail the signature, then
rejecting the rule could create headaches for users.

Re: 2.  I would agree - accept the rule and use the modifiers with the
normalized buffer.

Re: 3.  Ignoring the modifiers could change the behaviour of existing
signatures.

I don't really like this idea but: create a configuration switch that
spells out the behaviour of the distance/within modifier to support
older signatures.