[Oisf-users] [Emerging-Sigs] OT - planning hardware purchase for IDS...

Paul Gray gray at cs.uni.edu
Wed Mar 24 13:20:19 UTC 2010

Anoop Saldanha wrote:

> i think gpus come with 2GB now.  1GB should be good enough though.  It
> would be nice to go for a dual GPU graphics card, since we'll be looking
> at supporting load balancing on multi-cuda-devices at some point in the
> future.  I think something like a gtx 295.  You can look at a couple of
> other such versions in the market.

If there's an interest in Nvidia Tesla C1060's GPGPU hardware, we have systems
with three C1060s (720 cores total, 4GB per GPGPU for 12GB on-GPU memory) that I
can offer up for a test environment.

We also have units with 4 GPGPUs total that could be used for testing, but not
of the caliber of the C1060s.

--
Paul Gray                                         -o)
314 East Gym, Dept. of Computer Science           /\\