[Oisf-users] Fast replay of pcap files

Gene Albin gene.albin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 01:14:46 UTC 2011

Hi all,
  I'm experimenting with replaying various pcap files in Suricata.  It
appears that the pcap files are replaying at the same speed they were
recorded.  I'd like to be able to replay them faster so that 1) I can stress
the detection engine, and 2) expedite post-event analysis.

  One way to accomplish this is by using tcpreplay -t, but when running on
the same machine that takes lots of cycles away from Suricata and sends the
recorded pcap traffic onto an interface that already has live traffic.

  Is there some other way to replay captured traffic through Suricata at an
accelerated speed?

--
Gene Albin
gene.albin at gmail.com