[Oisf-users] Suricata and Snort performance paper

Matthew Jonkman jonkman at emergingthreatspro.com
Wed Jul 27 03:46:29 UTC 2011

Agreed, thanks Gene. My reading for the night.

The abstract is pretty accurate I think. Suricata isn't cycle for cycle faster than Snort, but it can take advantage of more than one processor. They don't seem to touch on the new things Suri can do like protocol recognition and such, which are massive gains in accuracy and malware coverage. But it's a good start!

Matt