[Oisf-users] Segfault in 1.4rc1 in Live rule swap

Fernando Sclavo fsclavo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 18:18:48 UTC 2012

Yes! I finally catched a core. I never runned a backtrace on a core dump,
so please tell me about any particular detail. A "standard" gdb and
backtrace output from the core dump:

idsuser at suricata:/$ sudo gdb /usr/bin/suricata core
GNU gdb (Ubuntu/Linaro 7.4-2012.04-0ubuntu2.1) 7.4-2012.04
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".
<http://bugs.launchpad.net/gdb-linaro/>...
Reading symbols from /usr/bin/suricata...(no debugging symbols
found)...done.

warning: core file may not match specified executable file.
[New LWP 5708]
[New LWP 5710]
[New LWP 5712]
[New LWP 5714]
[New LWP 5709]
[New LWP 5713]
[New LWP 5682]
[New LWP 5715]
[New LWP 5689]
[New LWP 5705]
[New LWP 5688]
[New LWP 5692]
[New LWP 5683]
[New LWP 5686]
[New LWP 5694]
[New LWP 5691]
[New LWP 5701]
[New LWP 5693]
[New LWP 5711]
[New LWP 5697]
[New LWP 5707]
[New LWP 5698]
[New LWP 5696]
[New LWP 5706]
[New LWP 5700]
[New LWP 5702]
[New LWP 5703]
[New LWP 5684]
[New LWP 5704]
[New LWP 5685]
[New LWP 5690]
[New LWP 5699]
[New LWP 5687]
[New LWP 5695]

warning: Can't read pathname for load map: Input/output error.
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libthread_db.so.1".
Core was generated by `suricata -D -c /etc/suricata/suricata.yaml
--af-packet'.
#0  0x000000000048c021 in ?? ()
(gdb) backtrace
#0  0x000000000048c021 in ?? ()
#1  0x0000000000458ceb in ?? ()
#2  0x0000000000458e97 in ?? ()
#3  0x0000000000510aa8 in ?? ()
#4  0x00000000004f2093 in ?? ()
#5  0x00000000004f4c0d in ?? ()
#6  0x0000000000513a85 in ?? ()
#7  0x00007fef526f7e9a in start_thread () from
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0
#8  0x00007fef51fbbcbd in clone () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6
#9  0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()