[Oisf-users] Fast log delay

Victor Julien lists at inliniac.net
Mon Apr 8 14:47:37 UTC 2013

On 04/08/2013 04:41 PM, Leonard Jacobs wrote:
> I might be seeing this same issue.  But I might be seeing it on Suricata
> 1.4 also.

This is normal in 2 cases:

1. TCP close (FIN/RST) is missed or missing
2. TCP close (FIN/RST) is rejected

In these cases the final inspection is done when the flow times out in
Suricata.

Inspecting such a stream with tcpdump/wireshark may give you some
insight. Also, enabling Suricata's stream-events.rules may tell you why
Suricata rejected a packet, if it did so.