[Oisf-users] Hardware Acceleration / Suricata

rmkml rmkml at yahoo.fr
Tue Apr 30 20:25:42 UTC 2013

Hi Dan,

First thx for all community devs/users.

That a very (old) good question! (hardware/software)

Depend if you need IDS or IPS/inline mode...

hardware accelerated / software accelerated = comparing price/results ?

software with like pfring/afpacket and suricata = around 10Gbps in IDS
mode on classical x86_64 cpus...

or hardware (40Gbps) libpcap accelerated like endace/emulex or napatech or
npulse ... (+x86_64 cpus)

or full hardware accelerated like tilera TILExtreme-Gx at 160Gbps... (all not tested)

Futur: Suricata accelerated by GPU ?

Regards
Rmkml

https://home.regit.org/2012/07/suricata-to-10gbps-and-beyond/