[Oisf-users] Suricata & Emerging-Threat-Ruleset Version Compatibility!

Matt Jonkman jonkman at jonkmans.com
Thu Sep 5 11:50:25 UTC 2013

Hi Arshan. Depends on which version of the ET rulesets you're using.

We have a specific version for each Snort and Suricata version. You grab
the right version by putting the engine version in the download link.

Can you reply with the link you're using to pull rules for each engine? Can
help get you the right one then. And any errors output will help as well.

Thanks!

Matt

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 8:41 AM, Arshan Awais <arshanawais at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I want to know that IS there a version compatibility issue between
> Suricata and Emerging-Threats rule-sets?? I am asking this question because
> in case of snort we need to update snort engine whenever we update the
> snort-rules. e.g. when I was using snort engine v2.9.0.5 and updated the
> ruleset v2.9.4.5 (as registered user), it gave me rule processing error.
> Hope i have stated my issue clearly!
>
> Regards,
> Arshan Awais

Matt Jonkman