[Oisf-users] file extraction didn't work on Ubuntu 12.04/Suri-2.0

Peter Manev petermanev at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 18:24:00 UTC 2014

On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 7:27 PM, Shawn <citypw at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 3:47 PM, Peter Manev <petermanev at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Can you please post the output of :
>> suircata --build-info
>>
> This is Suricata version 2.0 RELEASE
> Features: NFQ PCAP_SET_BUFF LIBPCAP_VERSION_MAJOR=1 AF_PACKET
> HAVE_PACKET_FANOUT LIBCAP_NG LIBNET1.1 HAVE_HTP_URI_NORMALIZE_HOOK
> SIMD support: SSE_4_2 SSE_4_1 SSE_3
> Atomic intrisics: 1 2 4 8 16 byte(s)
> 64-bits, Little-endian architecture
> GCC version 4.6.3, C version 199901
> compiled with -fstack-protector
> compiled with _FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
> L1 cache line size (CLS)=64
> compiled with LibHTP v0.5.10, linked against LibHTP v0.5.10
> Suricata Configuration:
>   AF_PACKET support:                       yes
>   PF_RING support:                         no
>   NFQueue support:                         yes
>   IPFW support:                            no
>   DAG enabled:                             no
>   Napatech enabled:                        no
>   Unix socket enabled:                     no
>   Detection enabled:                       yes
>
>   libnss support:                          no
>   libnspr support:                         no
>   libjansson support:                      no
>   Prelude support:                         no
>   PCRE jit:                                no
>   libluajit:                               no
>   libgeoip:                                no
>   Non-bundled htp:                         no
>   Old barnyard2 support:                   no
>   CUDA enabled:                            no
>
>   Suricatasc install:                      yes
>
>   Unit tests enabled:                      no
>   Debug output enabled:                    no
>   Debug validation enabled:                no
>   Profiling enabled:                       no
>   Profiling locks enabled:                 no
>   Coccinelle / spatch:                     yes
>
> Generic build parameters:
>   Installation prefix (--prefix):          /usr/local/suricata
>   Configuration directory (--sysconfdir):  /usr/local/suricata/etc/suricata/
>   Log directory (--localstatedir) :        /usr/local/suricata/var/log/suricata/
>
>   Host:                                    x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
>   GCC binary:                              gcc
>   GCC Protect enabled:                     yes
>   GCC march native enabled:                yes
>   GCC Profile enabled:                     no
>

>> These values in your yaml -
>> request-body-minimal-inspect-size: 320kb
>> request-body-inspect-window: 409kb
>> response-body-minimal-inspect-size: 320kb
>> response-body-inspect-window: 400kb
>>
>> Can you please put them back to the default values and try again?
>>
> hey Peter, I tried it again and it doesn't work still. Thanks.

Could you please do the following:

apt-get install libnss3-dev libnspr4-dev libjansson4 libjansson-dev

recompile and add to the config line like so:

./configure --with-libnss-libraries=/usr/lib
--with-libnss-includes=/usr/include/nss/
--with-libnspr-libraries=/usr/lib
--with-libnspr-includes=/usr/include/nspr
... plus anything else if you add to it

Run the tests again and please let us know ....

P.S
Do you have only one Suricata binary installed?

Peter Manev