[Oisf-users] hardcoded Lua version in configure.ac?

Stefan Lambrev cheffo at freebsd-bg.org
Tue Jan 20 09:03:59 UTC 2015

Greetings,

I see that Lua version (not luajit) is hardcoded to v5.1.
Is there a reason for this? I have experimented little with
http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf-archive/ax_lua.html
and at least on FreeBSD suricata autotools do not have a problem to find
"default" Lua installed (5.2 in my case).

Here are the patches I do apply to achieve this:

https://github.com/cheffo/FreeBSD-Ports/blob/master/security/suricata/files/patch-aclocal.m4
https://github.com/cheffo/FreeBSD-Ports/blob/master/security/suricata/files/patch-configure.ac
https://github.com/cheffo/FreeBSD-Ports/blob/master/security/suricata/files/patch-m4_ax_lua.m4

P.S. I did this only on FreeBSD but with small additions in configure.ac I
guess it will work for other operating systems too?