[Oisf-users] hardcoded Lua version in configure.ac?

Victor Julien lists at inliniac.net
Tue Jan 20 09:37:50 UTC 2015

On 01/20/2015 10:03 AM, Stefan Lambrev wrote:
> I see that Lua version (not luajit) is hardcoded to v5.1.
> Is there a reason for this? I have experimented little

We started with luajit which is based on lua 5.1 AFAIK. So when adding
regular lua support I only tested lua 5.1.

> with http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf-archive/ax_lua.html
> and at least on FreeBSD suricata autotools do not have a problem to find
> "default" Lua installed (5.2 in my case).

Interesting, I thought there were some differences between 5.1 and 5.2,
but perhaps none of them are relevant to us.

> Here are the patches I do apply to achieve this:
>
> https://github.com/cheffo/FreeBSD-Ports/blob/master/security/suricata/files/patch-aclocal.m4
> https://github.com/cheffo/FreeBSD-Ports/blob/master/security/suricata/files/patch-configure.ac
> https://github.com/cheffo/FreeBSD-Ports/blob/master/security/suricata/files/patch-m4_ax_lua.m4
>
> P.S. I did this only on FreeBSD but with small additions in configure.ac
> <http://configure.ac> I guess it will work for other operating systems too?

How much testing have you done? By default the lua support doesn't do
anything, you'll have to enable scripts to use it.