[Oisf-users] Place to install Suricata

Rovnov Pavel provnov at solidex.by
Thu May 14 13:24:13 UTC 2015

Hello Minh,

1)      Security function. As many vendors FortiGate uses signatures for AV, IPS and Application Control and also code execution (emulation) for AV. This is quite enough to detect known attacks aimed at both servers and clients. To gain even more control you can use any sandboxing solution (like FortiSandbox, or any other) to detect attacks aimed at clients, or you can use network visibility solutions (here I think Suricata can help) to detect successful attacks indicators.

2)      Monitoring function. You can log any flow with FortiGate traffic log (these can be many log entries), do netflow/sflow, or use Application Control to detect applications.

These all are quite easy to manage.

Regards.