[Oisf-users] [FORGED] OT ubuntu interface bonding

Russell Fulton r.fulton at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Nov 3 21:33:38 UTC 2015

Many thanks to rmkml who pointed me to this old doc (2006):

https://www.debian-administration.org/article/350/Aggregating_network_interfaces

This prompted me to install the ifenslave package and add

up /sbin/ifenslave bond0 eth0 eth1

to the end of the bond0 definition in /etc/network/interfaces.

It now works as expected.

The newer docs make no mention of ifenslave — my guess is that one is now expected to do it some other way but at least this works.