[Oisf-users] New Post by OISF Board Member Randy Caldejon

Cooper F. Nelson cnelson at ucsd.edu
Fri Oct 2 19:39:44 UTC 2015

Off the top of my head, a few things I would like to see:

1.  Detect OS via User-Agent string and allow that to be referenced via
a keyword in rules.  Something like "os:windows".

2.  Detect new user-agent by source IP, while honoring the
x-forwarded-for header for proxied traffic.

3.  Allow keywords for time of day and src/destination country IP.

4.  Some sort of domain reputation plugin, with local caching.  Ideally
with the ability to keep a database of domain resolution per host, with
the ability to alert on new domains, per host.

5.   The ability to insert data from the behavioral analysis engine into
the output of the ascii alert text.  So something like "msg:HTTP request
for known-bad domain %DOMAIN".

- -Coop

On 10/2/2015 11:21 AM, Leonard Jacobs wrote:
> And would give Suricata the edge over many competing technology.
>
> Leonard

>     *From:* Cooper F. Nelson [mailto:cnelson at ucsd.edu]

- --
Cooper Nelson