[Oisf-users] extended logging of alerts?

Ted Timmons ted at perljam.net
Wed Feb 3 19:22:21 UTC 2016

On Wed, Feb 3, 2016 at 7:57 AM Victor Julien <lists at inliniac.net> wrote:
> On 03-02-16 02:05, Ted Timmons wrote:
>> I'm logging alerts to eve-log. I'd like to get extended information
>> (such as tls.fingerprint or dns.rrname) in an alert entry. It seems they
>> don't show up unless I log all DNS or TLS traffic.

>Can you share the eve-log section of your yaml?

Sure Victor- here it is.

outputs:
  - eve-log:
      enabled: yes
      type: syslog #file|syslog|unix_dgram|unix_stream
      identity: "suricata"
      facility: local5
      level: Warning ## possible levels: Emergency, Alert, Critical,
                   ## Error, Warning, Notice, Info, Debug
      types:
        - alert:
            tls: yes
            dns:
              extended: yes # added recently as an experiment
        - drop
        - ssh
  # further down in the outputs section:
  - syslog:
    enabled: yes # must be enabled for eve-log to work.
    facility: local5

# here's part of my app-layer config:
app-layer:
  protocols: