[Oisf-users] Suricata rules server change

Andreas Herz andi at geekosphere.org
Tue Mar 29 13:47:03 UTC 2016

On 29/03/16 at 07:31, Francis Trudeau wrote:
> One reason for this change is that most people run newer versions of
> Suricata, and are not aware they are downloading the incorrect rules for
> Suricata 1.3 - 3.x.

Can you clarify this a bit? Are 1.3 up to 3.x the same rules?

I'm asking as I'm using this link for 2.0.X suricata:

http://rules.emergingthreats.net/open/suricata-2.0/

And this one for 3.0:

https://rules.emergingthreats.net/open/suricata-3.0/

They point to the same files but are not listed in:

https://rules.emergingthreats.net/open/

There are "just" suricata-1.3 and suricata without a number.
The emerging.rules.tar.gz don't differ from 2.0 and 3.0 directory but
this might change if you create rules that use new keywords for example
:)

Thanks

--
Andreas Herz