[Oisf-users] Testers: please test our initial Hyperscan support

Cooper F. Nelson cnelson at ucsd.edu
Thu Mar 31 21:18:38 UTC 2016

I'm currently testing the 'hs' algo via the dev-detect-grouping-v200 branch.

I switched from a 'custom' detect-engine setting to 'high'.  Is this
still relevant for hyperscan?  Or is there a recommended optimum setting
(we have lots of memory available).

So far performance seems identical to the prior "dev-detect-grouping"
branch, with the caveat that memory usage is currently lower (by 50%
currently).  I'll leave it running overnight and see if that changes.

-Coop

On 3/30/2016 9:53 AM, Victor Julien wrote:
> The good folks at Intel created mpm support for Hyperscan in Suricata,
> which I merged into the git master today.
>
> Please give it a go. Instructions can be found here
> https://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/projects/suricata/wiki/Hyperscan
>
> It should lead to higher performance and I noticed that rule reloads are
> faster as well.
>
> Cheers,
> Victor

Network Security Analyst