[Oisf-users] OpenCL

Viiret, Justin justin.viiret at intel.com
Fri Nov 11 15:59:47 UTC 2016

Hi Chris,

We’re not actively investigating OpenCL based approaches for pattern matching. We have concerns about latency (for inline applications), total performance and the potential for “soft errors”. The amount of work it would require for us to support two patches to Suricata, one out of scope, is simply too much.

Currently we push all our pattern-matching effort into Hyperscan itself: that way performance improvements behind the scenes in Hyperscan (algorithmic improvements, support for new hardware features, etc) can be taken advantage of by Suricata without needing further changes to the Suricata code.

Best regards,
    Justin