[Oisf-users] High ICMP Ping Latency in Workers Runmode

Peter Fyon peter.fyon at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 21:47:43 UTC 2017

Hey all,

When I was running 3.0, I was using workers runmode with few issues. I
upgraded to 3.2 this week and my ping times went from ~ 30ms to ~150-200ms.

I tried disabling all of the rules, but that didn't change anything.
However, when I switched to autofp, the pings went back down to 30ms but
cpu consumption has greatly increased (dual core cpu spikes to 70% * 2 when
streaming Netflix, while workers never goes above 20%).

Has anyone else had this issue? It seems weird to have a nearly constant
150ms latency added to icmp pings when running workers.

Peter