[Oisf-users] [Question] About packet manipulate using suricata

djhong813 at gmail.com djhong813 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 13:27:27 UTC 2017

Hi all
I’m a student studying Suricata for a project.
I tested and confirmed that the ruleset do not allow users to enter or enter websites such as google, facebook and so on.
Also, I googled and confirmed that Suricata can manipulate packet if I want to.
I use Suricata only for firewall component. And there are other compoents in my architecture.
So I have to send packet to another component after the firewall creating the output and before the packet sending to destination.
But I have no idea where the packets could be manipulated and which source code could be modified in the Suricata opensource.
So, could you guys tell me what source code have to modified?
If you can feedback about it, please email me. Thank you.

Kind regards

DongJin

홍동진 DongJin Hong
성균관대학교 전자전기컴퓨터공학과 석사과정
MS Student
Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Sungkyunkwan University
E-mail : djhong813 at skku.edu, djhong813 at gmail.com