[Oisf-users] Suricata Gentoo compile/install

Peter Manev petermanev at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 09:01:25 UTC 2017

Starting a separate thread  -

----- Original Message -----
From: Peter Manev <petermanev at gmail.com>

> A bit off topic (i apologize) -> but was wondering if you care to contribute a Suricata Gentoo compile
> and install guide.

>I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
>Compilation and installation on Gentoo is done by simply issuing:
># emerge suricata

I am not familiar with Gentoo at all -  so sorry for the simple questions :)

Yes -  what about if you would like to install the Suricata
dependencies and compile Suricata from scratch? (as opposed to using
prepackaged version)

For example -
http://suricata.readthedocs.io/en/latest/install.html#ubuntu-debian
https://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/projects/suricata/wiki/Debian_Installation