[Oisf-users] Suricata Gentoo compile/install

duarte.silva at serializing.me duarte.silva at serializing.me
Thu Jan 5 09:43:56 UTC 2017

Installation from scratch in Gentoo isn't different from compiling for other distributions.

You can use the package manager to install the dependencies (i.e. the “emerge” command), checkout the code, and compile it using the “autoconf” / “make” tools as instructed in the Suricata documentation.

Sometimes, it is useful to have a look at the latest Suricata Gentoo ebuild to understand if any patch or extra dependency is needed.

You can also create your own ebuild to download the latest master and compile / install using the package manager.

Hope it clears up things,
Duarte