[Oisf-users] Suricata Gentoo compile/install

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 5 12:12:40 UTC 2017

----- Original Message -----

From: Peter Manev <petermanev at gmail.com>
> Right - ok.
> So my question is specifically with regards to  -
> https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/tree/net-analyzer/suricata/suricata-3.2-r1.ebuild#n26
>
> or>
> ">=net-libs/libhtp-0.5.20". In the case where I would like to use  -
> libhtp-0.5.23 is it a simple case of editing that version number or
> there is more to it?

If you take a look at
https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/net-libs/libhtp
you can see that the latest supoprted version is 0.5.22.
So first, you would sync your system, and emerge libhtp to update.
You would then emerge again suricata and you're done.
Now, if you want 0.5.23, you would either request a "version bump" to the package maintainer with a bug report or, if you're impatient, you could do your own version bump locally with a customized ebuild.
In short, you would rsync /sur/portage/net-libs/libhtp to /usr/local/portage, rename the ebuild file to reflect the new version, digest it and build.
Hopefully, it should compile and install without issues.
Finally, re-emerge suricata.