[Oisf-users] Suricata Gentoo compile/install

Peter Manev petermanev at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 11:53:45 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 10:51 AM, Vieri <rentorbuy at yahoo.com> wrote:

> ________________________________
> From: "duarte.silva at serializing.me" <duarte.silva at serializing.me>
>>
>> You can use the package manager to install the dependencies (i.e. the “emerge” command), checkout the > code, and compile it using the “autoconf” / “make” tools as instructed in the Suricata documentation.
>
>> You can also create your own ebuild to download the latest master and compile / install using the
>
>> package manager.
>
> Right. If you're not happy with the official Gentoo ebuild and are impatient then you can set up your own ebuild and change things as you see fit.
> There's a simple start-up guide here:
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Basic_guide_to_write_Gentoo_Ebuilds
>
> It's generally a good idea not to autoconf/make directly but to use a custom ebuild instead.

Right - ok.
So my question is specifically with regards to  -
https://gitweb.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/tree/net-analyzer/suricata/suricata-3.2-r1.ebuild#n26
or
">=net-libs/libhtp-0.5.20". In the case where I would like to use  -
libhtp-0.5.23 is it a simple case of editing that version number or
there is more to it?

Thanks

Peter Manev