[Oisf-users] Hyperscan on RHEL or CentOS

Cloherty, Sean E scloherty at mitre.org
Wed Mar 29 19:55:15 UTC 2017

Hello Justin -

Thank for that info.  I went back and redid the bootstrap stage, and I needed to add the bzip2 libs before the ./b2 would work correctly.  That worked well enough so that when cmake runs the output identifies the Boost version and Build date.  Unfortunately, I am still seeing the errors from cmake -

There were additional errors - which were primarily from missing dependancies, some of which I don't recall seeing.  Installing these got me past errors when running ./b2 and eventually to compile the Hyperscan and subsequently Suricata with HS.  The dependencies were:

bzip2
bzip2-devel
sqlite-devel

Thanks again for the input.  Much appreciated.

Sean