[Oisf-users] ICMPv4 vs ICMPv6 reporting

Brad Kingsbury bradkingsbury at gmail.com
Tue May 30 22:57:00 UTC 2017

I'm trying to get JSON outputs for ICMPv4 and ICMPv6 flows.

When I have Suricata process a simple ping (request/reply -- 2 packets) for
both ICMPv4 and ICMPv6, they generate different outputs in the EVE.JSON
file.

ICMPv6 displays the details, including the ICMP code/type, about the
flow/netflow, but for ICMPv4, no flow info is displayed whatsoever.  The
ICMPv4 packets are detected as ICMPv4 packets, based upon the summary line,
but I can't see the code/type.

Anyway to see the code/type from the ICMPv4 flows/netflows?

Thanks,
Brad