[Oisf-users] High Suricata capture.kernel_drops

fatema bannatwala fatema.bannatwala at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 14:37:32 UTC 2018

Hi Mike,

As of now following is from the stats.log file:

Date: 7/12/2018 -- 10:36:07 (uptime: 0d, 00h 42m 00s)
Counter                                    | TM Name                   |
Value
capture.kernel_packets                     | Total                     |
799263310
capture.kernel_drops                       | Total                     |
9026058
decoder.pkts                               | Total                     |
790263391
decoder.bytes                              | Total                     |
676508317106
decoder.invalid                            | Total                     |
1195
decoder.ipv4                               | Total                     |
790263395
decoder.ipv6                               | Total                     |
48047
decoder.ethernet                           | Total                     |
790263391
decoder.tcp                                | Total                     |
628832359
decoder.udp                                | Total                     |
123066710
decoder.icmpv4                             | Total                     |
1166436
decoder.icmpv6                             | Total                     |
30616
decoder.gre                                | Total                     | 4
decoder.teredo                             | Total                     |
15176
decoder.avg_pkt_size                       | Total                     | 856
decoder.max_pkt_size                       | Total                     |
15604
flow.tcp                                   | Total                     |
8928156
flow.udp                                   | Total                     |
2513270
flow.icmpv6                                | Total                     |
1898
decoder.icmpv4.ipv4_unknown_ver            | Total                     | 13
decoder.tcp.hlen_too_small                 | Total                     | 907
decoder.tcp.opt_invalid_len                | Total                     | 272
decoder.udp.pkt_too_small                  | Total                     | 3
tcp.sessions                               | Total                     |
7476848
tcp.ssn_memcap_drop                        | Total                     |
755957
tcp.pseudo                                 | Total                     | 146
tcp.invalid_checksum                       | Total                     |
25868
tcp.syn                                    | Total                     |
9252585
tcp.synack                                 | Total                     |
3002962
tcp.rst                                    | Total                     |
2109777
tcp.segment_memcap_drop                    | Total                     |
239663
tcp.stream_depth_reached                   | Total                     |
24785
tcp.reassembly_gap                         | Total                     |
169111
tcp.overlap                                | Total                     |
520434
tcp.insert_data_normal_fail                | Total                     |
81175273
tcp.insert_data_overlap_fail               | Total                     | 78
detect.alert                               | Total                     |
10020
detect.mpm_list                            | Total                     | 4
detect.nonmpm_list                         | Total                     | 2
detect.fnonmpm_list                        | Total                     | 1
detect.match_list                          | Total                     | 4
app_layer.flow.http                        | Total                     |
4918
app_layer.tx.http                          | Total                     |
16709
app_layer.flow.ftp                         | Total                     | 1
app_layer.flow.smtp                        | Total                     | 54
app_layer.tx.smtp                          | Total                     | 105
app_layer.flow.tls                         | Total                     |
26584
app_layer.flow.ssh                         | Total                     | 11
app_layer.flow.dns_tcp                     | Total                     | 229
app_layer.tx.dns_tcp                       | Total                     | 212
app_layer.flow.failed_tcp                  | Total                     |
13012
app_layer.flow.dcerpc_udp                  | Total                     | 54
app_layer.flow.dns_udp                     | Total                     |
1446949
app_layer.tx.dns_udp                       | Total                     |
177476
app_layer.flow.failed_udp                  | Total                     |
1066267
flow_mgr.closed_pruned                     | Total                     |
2052437
flow_mgr.new_pruned                        | Total                     |
7080586
flow_mgr.est_pruned                        | Total                     |
1831390
flow.spare                                 | Total                     |
10691
flow.emerg_mode_entered                    | Total                     | 71
flow.emerg_mode_over                       | Total                     | 71
flow.tcp_reuse                             | Total                     |
22144
flow_mgr.flows_checked                     | Total                     |
88100
flow_mgr.flows_notimeout                   | Total                     |
85619
flow_mgr.flows_timeout                     | Total                     |
2481
flow_mgr.flows_timeout_inuse               | Total                     | 35
flow_mgr.flows_removed                     | Total                     |
2446
flow_mgr.rows_checked                      | Total                     |
65536
flow_mgr.rows_skipped                      | Total                     |
53175
flow_mgr.rows_empty                        | Total                     | 4
flow_mgr.rows_maxlen                       | Total                     | 20
tcp.memuse                                 | Total                     |
66631640
tcp.reassembly_memuse                      | Total                     |
268435376
dns.memuse                                 | Total                     |
17021644
dns.memcap_global                          | Total                     |
6500069
http.memuse                                | Total                     |
352527
flow.memuse                                | Total                     |
121777504

Thanks,
Fatema.