[Oisf-users] Hardware specs for monitoring 100GB

Daniel Wallmeyer Daniel.Wallmeyer at cisecurity.org
Thu Aug 1 20:14:14 UTC 2019

Hey fellow mobsters,

Looking to verify that we have spec'd our hardware correctly for monitoring 100GB:

2 x Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 6136 CPU
256GB of RAM
Napatech NT100E3-1-PTP

The traffic will be fed via a single network tap.

Will this be enough hardware to deal with 100Gb/s of traffic?
At the very least it would be great to know if the CPU and RAM is enough, we can work with Napatech to get the right card.

Thanks,
Dan
This message and attachments may contain confidential information. If it appears that this message was sent to you by mistake, any retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and attachments is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments.

. . . . .