[Oisf-users] Suricata with Myricom NIC using only one Worker Thread

Fabian Franz fabfaeb at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 2 15:01:44 UTC 2019

Hi,

thanks for all your suggestions - suricata did indeed not make use of the
libsnf.
I used to start suricata using the -i <IF> switch which did not seem to
make use of the SNF API for me.

Using --pcap=<IF> in combination with exporting a environment variable
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/snf/lib has solved this problem for me.

When I start suricata now, the OS is no longer seeing traffic on the
respective interface while suricata is processing packets and the
myri_counter stats are increasing - which seems to be exactly like it
should be. For some reason, though, I still do not see debug output when
setting SNF_DEBUG_MASK=3... But as stated earlier - as long as everything
else seems to work, this is no problem for me.

Thanks again for your help and setting me on the right track!

Best
FabFaeb