[Oisf-users] Recommended Hardware Requirements

Andreas Herz aherz at oisf.net
Sun Jun 30 19:40:39 UTC 2019

Hi Req,

On 27/06/19 at 22:24, Req Deny wrote:
> All,
>
> I have been searching around and trying to lock down information on
> recommended hardware requirements.  I looked through most of the
> documentation, and sorry if I had missed it.
>
> Looking @ 1Gbps (Single Port Ingest)
> Also @ 10Gbps (Single Port Ingest)
>
> Looking for cores/threads/ ram primarily.   Anything else I should be aware
> of?

You might want to take a look at the NIC as well. X520 or X710 might be
a good choice for the 10GE setup.

CPU should be a good mix between singlecore performance and amount of
cores. Dual Socket setups are recommended and try to go for a Xeon with
8-10 cores each.

RAM, as much as you can get, depending on the ruleset 128GB might be a
good choice.

--
Andreas Herz