[Oisf-users] Suricata covered in Malware Analysis and Detection Engineering

Anoop Saldanha anoopsaldanha at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 01:31:55 UTC 2020

Hi all,

Happy to announce that my new book along with my co-author Abhijit - *Malware
Analysis and Detection Engineering, *has covered Suricata IDS/IPS and its
internals with a dedicated chapter in *Part 6: Detection Engineering*.

Published by Apress Publications and available on Springer Publisher
Network, at 900+ pages, this is the most comprehensive guide available on
the market for Malware Analysis, Malware Reverse Engineering and Detection
Engineering.

The book also covers Detection Engineering, a topic yet to be covered by
any book, where we talk about the internals of various detection tools like
Antiviruses, Malware Sandboxes, IDS/IPS(Suricata) and Binary
Instrumentation, and how their internal details can be leveraged by malware
analysts, reverse engineers and budding detection engineers to automate
sample analysis.

It’s available on Amazon for pre-order: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1484261925
6 <https://www.amazon.com/dp/1484261925> (ships early September)
It will be available shortly in Kindle edition as well.
More details on the book and its Table of Contents here:
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/anoopsaldanha_malware-analysis-detection-activity-6686634727279075328-vhpr
Apress Link: https://www.apress.com/gp/book/9781484261927
Springer Link: https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9781484261927
--