[Oisf-users] Latest Suricata deb packages (stable & beta) available for Ubuntu on Ubuntu PPA

Peter Manev petermanev at gmail.com
Mon May 28 20:57:25 UTC 2012

Hi all,

This was long overdue.....

*1.*
We have the latest Suricata stable and beta packages available for Ubuntu
on Ubuntu PPA (launchpad).

Quantal  Lucid  Natty Oneiric  Precise - 32 and 64 bit packages available

All you have to do is :

> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:oisf/suricata-beta

OR

> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:oisf/suricata-stable

then a mandatory !!!

> apt-get update

and you can install/remove/upgrade the latest stable Suricata (at the
moment 1.2.1 ) with the default

> apt-get install suricata

apt-get update / apt-get remove suricata ......

will update it to current stable release (at the moment 1.2.1 ).

The latest stable pkg will be available as soon as released, from now on!

*2.*

We also have added a wiki page of how to *Build your own Suricata package* :
https://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/projects/suricata/wiki/Build_your_own_Suricata_package

a step by step guide and a script (just run it and it will build a deb pkg)
for Ubuntu pkgs.

Please review/test/criticise/suggest.

Thank you

Peter Manev