[Oisf-users] Suricata 1.4, problem enabling nss for MD5 on Fedora Core 17

Victor Julien lists at inliniac.net
Wed Feb 27 11:23:19 UTC 2013

On 02/27/2013 02:02 AM, Vincent Fang wrote:
> Sorry for the spam, I should have been more thorough and included the
> command I'm running for the configure on the Fedora Core 17 Suricata 1.4
>
> ./configure --with-libnss-libraries=/usr/lib64
> --with-libnspr-libraries=/usr/lib64
> --with-libnss-includes=/usr/include/nss3
> --with-libnspr-includes=/usr/include/nspr4
>
> From what you stated Marcos I don't think I'm missing anything in terms
> of parameters and options.

On F17_64 I did:

./configure --prefix=/usr/ --sysconfdir=/etc/ --localstatedir=/var/
--disable-gccmarch-native --with-libnss-libraries=/usr/lib64
--with-libnspr-libraries=/usr/lib64
--with-libnss-includes=/usr/include/nss3
--with-libnspr-includes=/usr/include/nspr4 && make clean && make

checking nspr.h usability... yes
checking nspr.h presence... yes
checking for nspr.h... yes
checking for PR_GetCurrentThread in -lnspr4... yes
checking sechash.h usability... yes
checking sechash.h presence... yes
checking for sechash.h... yes
checking for HASH_Begin in -lnss3... yes

  libnss support:                          yes
  libnspr support:                         yes

configure is happy.

Suri too:
This is Suricata version 1.4dev (rev ff2b800)
Features: PCAP_SET_BUFF LIBPCAP_VERSION_MAJOR=1 AF_PACKET
HAVE_PACKET_FANOUT LIBCAP_NG HAVE_HTP_URI_NORMALIZE_HOOK
HAVE_HTP_TX_GET_RESPONSE_HEADERS_RAW PCRE_JIT *HAVE_NSS*

Please attach your config.log if you continue to have issues with this.

Cheers,
Victor